After researching both traditional distribution methods and digital distribution methods, I have decided that both are necessary for the success of my magazine. By creating a mobile app, website, and incorporating social media, I can effectively distribute my magazine to my target audience.
For traditional distribution methods, I will hire a local distribution company to help distribute print copies of Florida’s Terrain. The distribution agency will deliver to local stores, waiting rooms, and supermarkets. Allowing my print copy to be placed on shelves of supermarkets increases their likelihood of being seen by a shopping customer. A distribution company such as, South Florida Premium Distribution, will used to deliver the issues across Florida.
For digital distribution methods, I would create an app called “Florida’s Terrain”, which would include separate sections of varying topics on wildlife for a broad age group. The app will notify users about updated articles and issues and special discounts that are currently held on those issues. In addition, the app will be free to download on all devices, but subscription will be required to have access to full issues. A mobile app has the advantage of being used on phones and tablets, so it can attract a more technological audience. Additionally, I will develop a website named “floridaterrains.com”, and will have issues distributed on the cite. The cite offers subscriptions to new visitors when they provide information like name, email, address, and number. Obtaining the users email allows my magazine to send newsletters to inform them on new issues on the website. The subscription price will be low and affordable offering 6-issues in a yearly package. For my social media platforms, I will be using Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to advertise magazine issues. Each post uploaded on the platforms will provide sneak-peeks to the issues content in the bio which would peak my audience interest. A link to the website will also be provide in the bio. The social media platforms will be working in conjunction to the website promoting and updating followers, daily, to any new fundraisers and events.
Both the use of traditional and digital distribution methods allows my magazine to grow in audience and increase sales and subscription. It will also let the magazine inform readers on Florida current ecological state and create a more knowledgeable audience.
Comments
Post a Comment