Skip to main content

CCR Draft #1


Question: How does your product use or challenge conventions and how does it represent social groups or issues?

My cover page employs conventional color theme to emphasize a professional look to my publication. The close-up of the Rosary pea adds color and gives a focal point to my magazine, which also helped to identifying the theme of the magazine. I incorporated mostly browns and greens to portray a more natural atmosphere to my product. I also used conventional fonts and colors for the title and headline. I used light yellow for the headline because the background mainly incorporated darker colors. I challenged conventions for my magazine is by focusing on a plant for my cover page instead of an animal. All the other magazines I researched focal point consisted of some type of animal.  

For the table of contents, I followed the idea of having different images from separate locations. In other environmental magazines this was the conventional way of portraying the contents of the magazine. Another convention I used was having my photos on the top half of the page while the bottom half had the featured articles. The word “Contents” is also located above the photos like other magazines.

Structurally my articles are based on the photographs taken from Florida's preserves. Most of the articles research had white font color for the cover title and a complementing color for the headline so that it matches the image in the background. In my magazine article page, I followed the convention of having a large picture take up a quarter of the page and separating content into 2 columns. I challenged convention by adding a photo to the middle of the page between the content.

I represent social issues in my magazine with my magazine topic on the importance of mangroves. This issue mainly pertains to Florida so the people living within this state understands the current issues faced to their state's environment. I decided to make my article more informational so that the audience reading is informed on the topic presented. Florida’s Terrain target social group is Florida citizens and environmental activists, more specifically people who live in Sarasota These adults are informed on how to take care of Florida’s environment and the various ecosystems within the state.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magazine Project Genre Research- National Geographic

                                                     The global circulation of National Geographic is approximately 6.7 million, including U.S. circulation of 3.5 million. The cover page includes the title of the magazine, National Geographic , in the background located at the top of the page. The magazines subheading is in the foreground in the middle of the cover page. Each title is in plain white text, possible demonstrating the articles professionalism. The issue’s subheading, Last of Its Kind , connects with the cover picture, sporting a rhino laying on the ground with a man resting his forehead on the rhino. The color scheme composes of greens, greys and browns, displaying a neutral tone to the articles cover. The magazine is broken up into sections where the magazines articles are presented first then 3-5 pages of full-page photographs of wildl...

Digital Distribution Plan

After researching both traditional distribution methods and digital distribution methods, I have decided that both are necessary for the success of my magazine. By creating a mobile app, website, and incorporating social media, I can effectively distribute my magazine to my target audience. For traditional distribution methods, I will hire a local distribution company to help distribute print copies of Florida’s Terrain. The distribution agency will deliver to local stores, waiting rooms, and supermarkets. Allowing my print copy to be placed on shelves of supermarkets increases their likelihood of being seen by a shopping customer. A distribution company such as,  South Florida Premium Distribution , will used to deliver the issues across Florida. For digital distribution methods, I would create an app called “Florida’s Terrain”, which would include separate sections of varying topics on wildlife for a broad age group. The app will notify users about updated articles and issu...

Traditional Distribution Research

When distributing my product, the use of traditional distribution model allows for an increase circulation and sales of my magazines print copies. The traditional model of distribution illustrates the relationship between the manufacturer, wholesaler, retailer and the consumer. The manufacturer mass-produces the printed copies of your magazines so that they are ready to be distributed to the costumers. Financial cost of packaging, mailing and shipping is handled at this stage of the distribution model. The wholesaler and retailer determine where to distribute the printed copies, places such as supermarkets, waiting rooms, and storefronts are considered prime places to sell printed magazine copies. The magazine company can also offer weekly subscriptions to costumers, which allows for printed copies to be delivered to their front door or mailbox. These outlets boost print magazine sales; however, the magazine company needs to consider hiring a distribution company to help manage and...