Question: How does your product engage with audiences
and how would it be distributed as a real media text?
Engaging the Audience
The nature magazine I made reaches out to
audiences who are older adults due to the scientific and environmental focus of
my magazine. My product focuses specifically on Florida, so most if not all of my
audience would comprise of Florida residence. My magazine will attract those
who have a passion about nature and committed to improving the environment. The
topics of my articles are focused on Florida’s environment and the various ecosystems
in the state. The eye-catching photos of nature and articulate writing style of
the articles should attract my target audience: those who care about Florida’s
environment.
Marketing Plan
Online Advertisements
Online advertisements will include discounts
on subscriptions and print magazines. These will be placed on social media
cites and any frequently used websites such as YouTube. The online
advertisements include banners that are bright with different fonts used to
make the banner more noticeable.
Promotional Events
Correlating with the current magazine theme, I
will host a promotional presentation that will gather loyal followers for an
afternoon event. The event will be hosted by renowned guess speakers, who
studies Florida’s natural environment, such as David Sumpter, a wildlife
biologist that specialized in land management.
Sponsored by other programs and corporation, the promotional event will
advertise the magazines website and print magazines.
Social Media
I plan to use twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
to promote and reach audience who mainly use social media. Social media open
for an opportunity to sponsor other Instagram users to market my magazine post.
I could also have links for promo codes to be used to purchase or subscribe to
the website. The posts on Instagram will include the location by which the
photograph was taken to illustrate the wide reach of the magazine across
Florida. I will be posting every 2-3 days, having the same content posted on
each social media cite. This allows for all followers on Twitter, Facebook, and
Instagram to receive the posts on one of the cites. The social media sites will
also link to a YouTube channel, that also promotes the photographers and
journalists who work for the magazine.
Distribution Plan
Traditional
When distributing my product, the use of
traditional distribution model allows for an increase circulation and sales of
my magazines print copies. For my magazine, I will follow the traditional
distribution model by partnering with a local distribution company, such as South
Florida Premium Distribution. Since I want to mainly market my magazine to
Floridians, a local distribution company should make this process easier.
Furthermore, I like to print copies in various outlets across Florida (local
venues, markets, and events) and allow subscription deliveries. The traditional
distribution model is advantageous in gaining new and loyal customers.
Digital
For digital distribution, I would create an
app called “Florida’s Terrain”, which would include separate sections of
varying topics on wildlife for a broad age group. The app will notify users
about updated articles and issues and special discounts that are currently held
on those issues. A mobile app has the advantage of being used on phones and
tablets, so it can attract a more technological audience. Additionally, I will
develop a website named “floridaterrains.com”, and will have issues distributed
on the cite. For my social media platforms, I will be using Twitter, Instagram,
and Facebook to advertise magazine issues. Each post uploaded on the platforms
will provide sneak-peeks to the issues content in the bio which would peak my
audience interest. A link to the website will also be provide in the bio. The
social media platforms will be working in conjunction to the website promoting
and updating followers, daily, to any new fundraisers and events.
Comments
Post a Comment