Skip to main content

CCR Draft #4


Question: How did you integrate technologies--software, hardware and online --in this project?
With the integration of technology, I was able to create my magazine successfully.

Camera

I was able to produce clean, crisp, professional photos due to the camera I used. I used a Canon Rebel T6 and was able to have decent wide angle, close-up, and low angle shots. To enhance the professional look of the photos I used Adobe InDesign. Both technologies allow my photos to be high quality in my final submission for the magazine.

Editing

InDesign made editing and designing my magazine extremely easy, allowing me to produce a professional magazine cover and article pages. I was able to transfer my photos into Adobe InDesign, keeping the high resolution of the photos. I was able to edit the photos; gray scaling, color correcting, and cropping each photo in InDesign. My computer allowed me to upload and download software that help me produce my magazine. I relied on the internet for correct information on my topic and researching for distributing my magazine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magazine Project Genre Research- National Geographic

                                                     The global circulation of National Geographic is approximately 6.7 million, including U.S. circulation of 3.5 million. The cover page includes the title of the magazine, National Geographic , in the background located at the top of the page. The magazines subheading is in the foreground in the middle of the cover page. Each title is in plain white text, possible demonstrating the articles professionalism. The issue’s subheading, Last of Its Kind , connects with the cover picture, sporting a rhino laying on the ground with a man resting his forehead on the rhino. The color scheme composes of greens, greys and browns, displaying a neutral tone to the articles cover. The magazine is broken up into sections where the magazines articles are presented first then 3-5 pages of full-page photographs of wildl...

Digital Distribution Plan

After researching both traditional distribution methods and digital distribution methods, I have decided that both are necessary for the success of my magazine. By creating a mobile app, website, and incorporating social media, I can effectively distribute my magazine to my target audience. For traditional distribution methods, I will hire a local distribution company to help distribute print copies of Florida’s Terrain. The distribution agency will deliver to local stores, waiting rooms, and supermarkets. Allowing my print copy to be placed on shelves of supermarkets increases their likelihood of being seen by a shopping customer. A distribution company such as,  South Florida Premium Distribution , will used to deliver the issues across Florida. For digital distribution methods, I would create an app called “Florida’s Terrain”, which would include separate sections of varying topics on wildlife for a broad age group. The app will notify users about updated articles and issu...

Traditional Distribution Research

When distributing my product, the use of traditional distribution model allows for an increase circulation and sales of my magazines print copies. The traditional model of distribution illustrates the relationship between the manufacturer, wholesaler, retailer and the consumer. The manufacturer mass-produces the printed copies of your magazines so that they are ready to be distributed to the costumers. Financial cost of packaging, mailing and shipping is handled at this stage of the distribution model. The wholesaler and retailer determine where to distribute the printed copies, places such as supermarkets, waiting rooms, and storefronts are considered prime places to sell printed magazine copies. The magazine company can also offer weekly subscriptions to costumers, which allows for printed copies to be delivered to their front door or mailbox. These outlets boost print magazine sales; however, the magazine company needs to consider hiring a distribution company to help manage and...